Master's Poetry

Selected Poems of Paramahansa Yogananda with suitable pictures.

Friday 9 October 2009

Thine Ever-Changing Face

Thine Ever-Changing Face
Thine ever-changing face of ocean and sky
I beheld with great joy.
Sometimes calm, unruffled,
Thy ble Face silently suggests:
"I am the creator of all creation - be calm with Me."
Sometimes Thy face breaks into endless laughter
And ripples of light
Displaying silver muscles.
Sometimes Thy skiey oceanic Face
Storms and howls at me:
"I can destroy all creation."
Sometimes Thy boundless Face
Wears the gloom of Nemesis and the sad clouds
Sorrowing with the sorrows of the world.
Sometimes Thy sea-Face smiles; or, scorchingly aglow
With violet rays to burn the darkness of disease,
Thy sunny ocean-Face reveals paternal warmth and care.
Sometimes Thy pale blue sky-and-ocean Face
Wears the dark veil of night
Adorned with the beauty mark of the moon,
And eyes me with maternal love.
Sometimes Thy sky-ocean Face
Suddenly is dark with gloom
And saddened into oblivion of all things,
Meditating on Thy own Spirit alone, saying:
"So long I entertained thee
With My cosmic emotions
Of calmness, power, fear, joy, meditation,
Sun, moon and storm.
Now I hide my Face
Into the bosom of eternity
That thou mayest be able to behold My unseen Face
Sleeping in dreamless wakefulness
Behind the shroud of nothingness."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home