Master's Poetry

Selected Poems of Paramahansa Yogananda with suitable pictures.

Thursday 8 October 2009

Yet How Elusive

Yet How Elusive
I looked for You
Ever since You breathed individuality
Into my soul dew
And separated me from You
Because I am the wave
Jerked out of Your sea
I've ever tried myself to reunite
With Your boundless bosom of freedom and light -
Though lashed
And by all other waves and by karma dashed -
Yet again and again
The storm of my own desires o'er the cosmic main
Would send me sailing alone, sad,
With colliding brother waves, cruel restive mad,
I am the wavelet life in great unrest
Swimming on Your cosmic sea-breast.
And yet how elusive You are
So near and so far.
My little life swam in loneliness and worries
Beneath the vistas of centuries,
Beneath countless lights of mily way , moons and suns,
Beneath the darkness of many desires undone,
Beneath the fogs of intricate incarnations
And 'neath clouds of doleful delusions.
Now at last I discovered
Just beneath my ignorance You lay covered,
'Twas I who ignored You -
Not You, not You -
When You were so near
Kept by my absent mind so far:
The ocean of life
Through all my strife
Supporting , ever-sustaining
Ever-pursuing, ever watchfully remaining
To protect me from harm
Just beneath the truant wavelet of my little life
Blessed with Your sheltering charm.
- Paramahansa Yogananda

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home